Our overarching aim is to be your world class investment partner of choice, delivering the best investment outcomes and client service.
Our active management approach
The key principles that underpin our investment approach are:
• We adopt an active portfolio management approach.
• We take advantage of investment opportunities as they arise, and seek to minimise downside risk when markets are less favourable.
• We are committed to undertake investment research of the assets we invest in and conduct regular company visits.
• We seek to understand the changes in the local and global economic environments and how these changes are likely to impact the markets in which our clients’ assets are invested.
• We seek to manage risk through appropriate portfolio diversification.
• We are responsible investors and through active engagement have an ability and capacity to influence company policies and use our voice as an engaged, large shareholder to drive positive change.
Milford is a responsible investor. Through active engagement with companies we have the capacity to influence company policies and use our voice as an engaged, larger shareholder to drive positive change.
Our responsible investing approach, like our active management philosophy, is anchored in engagement.
As part of our commitment to responsible investing, Milford is a signatory to the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment and a member of the Responsible Investment Association Australasia.
We have adopted multiple approaches to integrate consideration of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors into our investment process.
For further information on Milford’s approach to responsible investing, please see our Responsible Investment Policy.